Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Life is happening...

Happy Tuesday!!

I've been meaning to write a post on here for awhile.. and today I feel like slacking at work.... so TODAY IS THE DAY! haha aren't you so happy??

SO, here is whats new in my life, I am recently and officially a BYU-I student to get my business degree.. ugh! haha back to school I guess! On one hand its the absolute LAST thing I want to do.. but I have really felt like its the right thing for my life and a few opportunities came up that I felt like I couldn't pass up. So I enrolled in the Pathways program which is basically a cheaper, online solution through the church to going back to college/finishing a degree. (if anyone is interested in learning more, let me know!! Its an amazing and inspired program to help you get an education!) So ya , that starts in September.. YIKES!

I also turned 25. GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! haha no, its ok,  I've come to terms with it. I actually went on a weekend trip to my roommates hometown in the San Luis Valley and more specifically Manassa. We stayed on her parents MASSIVE farm. They grow hay and canola and wheat I think. It was a really cool experience and I had some time to soak up the true smell of freshly bailed hay think about my life. I wouldn't have had it any other way.. at first, 25 was freaky and I felt old. But then I felt grateful for everything I had been through and learned. I realized 25 is young still and I have so much more to do and see and learn. I wouldn't be who I am today without the past I have lived. I also get a discount on my car insurance. haha

Speaking of my car, I finally paid that sucker off, lowered my insurance bill, and in September of this year I will finally be free of anything tying me to my accident and all the wrong choices I made regarding my driving habits.. if you know what I mean! haha So September it will be off my record. I got in my accident when I was 16. count it.. that's 8 years later people.. Don't make stupid decisions like I did! haha Anyway.. now that's all taken care of,  I'm itching to buy a convertible.. ok its not an itch its like a full body rash, I want one soooo bad!!!! Im thinking a black toyota solara...siigghhh but Im trying to be smart.. maybe Ill get a huge raise this year and I'll decide to take on another car payment haha

My calling is going well, I'm still in the RS presidency of my singles ward.. We have a really tight knit presidency and things work well for our ward so Id suspect Ill be in that calling for awhile longer haha. I really enjoy it and its only stressful every once in awhile. I DID have a traumatizing moment a few weekends ago at the summer YSA conference. I was getting my food and walking to sit with some people at a table towards the back when I heard someone calling my name.. I looked around but didn't recognize anyone so I kept walking then I heard it again and I turned around and HAVE MERCY.. it was freaking HOLLY ROTH PEOPLE. I didn't even recognize her but she was like its holly roth.. remember me? I was like um I remember the 8 yr old you! not the 18 or however old you are now! So I guess she moved back to CO and is going to school and is in my singles ward. Guys, Im in the same singles ward as a kid who  I babysat almost 10 years ago... I need to get married. hahaha

Next week Im going to market again with The Bridal Collection. They are flying me to Atlanta with the owner, the manager of the department and one of their husbands. Im so thrilled they asked me to go again. It's a week long. fully paid for AND I get paid the whole time. (Im also taking PTO from my real job so its sort of like getting double paid from both jobs haha woo woo! lol) Not to say Ill be lounging by the pool and going to fancy restaurants the whole time. We work 12 to 14 hours days every day.. there is a TON of walking and decision making the whole time. Fashion shows from dawn till dusk then afterward socials to meet designers and put your stores name out there. We have to decide what might sell in our store, what we want to buy from the designers and how much we can mark each gown up and if we have the budget to keep particular designers and gowns in our store. I really enjoy it.. especially when we get to go in and buy buckets and buckets of jewelry at wholesale prices. So that will be a exciting.exhausting week for me! I can guarantee  blisters on my blisters from wearing heels for 14 hours for 6 days but the experience is worth it!!!
(ps I also get to buy anything at wholesale on any of the floors.. you guys should text me if your looking for anything.. they only take cash but their is a kids floor, jewelry floor, home living floor, shoes, purses etc!)

Welp.. I think that's it for today.. everyone post on here or if not.. at least in the facebook group.. lets keep this dang thing alive. I miss my familia!!!

xoxo~Ginger








No comments:

Post a Comment